HIVE [App Design]
UI DESIGN | APP DESIGN
A to do list, but not just a to do "list".
——A UI design for a to do list app
Where this idea comes from?
Before I started my design, I found that most of the to-do-list apps were limited in the form of "list". I would like to design a UI that different from others, so why not be more creative? At first I wanted to use bubbles as "list", but someone had had similar ideas. Then, an idea of "favous list" came to my mind.
In my first version of design, I would like to use gradient ramp basing on yellow. However, this design looks somehow messy and dirty. Thus, in the next version, I (1) abandoned gradient ramp and only keep one yellow color; (2) enlarge the size of hexagons; (3) change the detail bubble as banner.
User Flow & Functions
- User can drag the hexagon to any position they want.
- User can see different tasks by swiping around.
- By clicking the hexagon once, the "edit" button and "finish" button will appear.
- Click "edit" button: go to the edit site
- Click "finish" button: delete this hexagon.
- User can click the "+" button at the right corner to create a new task. They can press "return" on the keyboard to finish creating the task.
- If there are too many words in one task, the whole texts would not appear on the hexagon. When the user long press this hexagon, there will be a banner appear, and at this time all the other parts in this site will become blurry. If the user long press the hexagon and drag it simultaneously, the banner would disappear and come back to the first step.
ps. The copyright of the bee icon belongs to The Hive Holistic Fitness.