MIXI [App Design]
UX DESIGN | APP DESIGN
Mixology in your pocket.
—— An app designed for cocktail lovers making cocktails by themselves
About the project
This is a UX project that intends to design an app that designed for people who love cocktails and want to make cocktails by themselves.
- One month
- Xinyu Fan, Windy Zhu, Lu Xia, Yingzi Zhang, Qi Chen, Qiu Jin, Edward Li
- MY ROLE
- Team Lead | User Interview | Paper Prototyping | Wireframing | Story Board | Visual Design
WHERE WE START?
Buying a cocktail might be costly, so why not try it ourselves?
It’s fun to have the cocktail in the bar, but sometimes it’s costly. Some people want to make cocktails by themselves but have no idea where to start. If there is an app that can help beginners learn about mixology, then people can enjoy making the cocktail at home.
Then we tried to find out what our users need:
In order to better know the user needs for a cocktail app, we interviewed 22 people and summarized 4 common questions:
- Have you ever mixed cocktail by yourself?
- Have you ever used apps or websites for cocktail recipes?
- When you use cocktail websites/apps, what do you think about them? Are there any parts you like or dislike?
- What functions do you wish to have for an app that helps you to make cocktails?
We got the insights:
- For learners in the first stage, they would like to make cocktail with attractive interface and easy steps.
- It will be better if the recipe is integrated and looks interesting.
- The app should be easy to guide the users to find the recipe they want.
After analyzing the existed cocktail apps, we find that the recipe part usually plays an important role in the apps, and most of the apps are focusing on the realistic feelings. Thus, we decide to still emphasize the recipe part, but we will design it in a creative way because we know that only copying the recipe will not help us to attract the potential users. We also want to add two main functions based on our user interviews: backward search and game practice, which are unique in the existed market.